Reflexology Can Naturally:
- Allieviate Stress and Anxiety
- Increase Energy Levels
- Reduce Muscle & Joint Pain
- Promote Restful Sleep
- Encourage Proper Flow Of Blood
- Ease Tension Headaches
- Restore Health & Vitality
Are you feeling exhausted, run down or just “out-of-sorts”?
In need of some relaxation and nurturing?
At times we can find it difficult to summon the energy and motivation to cope with the demands of daily life. We may feel physically and mentally exhausted and long to feel better but don’t know how.
Reflexology can help.
It works through the feet to access the whole body. Skilled hands apply pressure to very specific points on the feet (mainly the soles)which correspond to all the major organs, glands, cells and systems within. This non~invasive therapy does not claim to cure, instead, it aims to facilitate internal balance and functioning thus maximising the body’s own potential for healing. Reflexology is highly effective in alleviating stress and helps create a state of physical, mental and emotional health and wellness.
Reflexology can support people throughout their life from infancy to extreme old age …and every age in between. It may not, however, be suitable for everyone, therefore it is advised to ask before booking an appointment.
Reflexology has been know to be helpful with conditions such as; arthritis, back pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, headaches, insomnia, stress, anxiety, hormonal imbalance and digestive issues. It is a complementary therapy and can be used alongside any conventional treatment you may be having. You may wish to seek advice from your medical doctor beforehand.
A confidential health and lifestyle consultation is first taken to ascertain the correct treatment approach. This ensures you receive a treatment centered around your unique needs and one that delivers the most powerful results.
New To Reflexology?
On your first visit you will be warmly welcomed to Urban Serenity. Then you can relax while filling out your consultation form. Before your treatment you will have the opportunity to ask me any questions you may have about Reflexology and how it can help you.
The really great thing about Reflexology is that you only need remove your footwear. I suggest either wearing (or bringing with you) a pair of comfy leggings or tracksuit bottoms …or even your pyjama bottoms!
The treatment room is relaxed and hygienic with a heated couch (in winter) and soft, clean towels and a blanket so you can feel even more relaxed!
And thats it. All you need to do is sink back on the supportive pillows, put our feet into the safe and skilled hands of your Reflexologist and enjoy one of the most relaxing natural therapies around.
Reflexology Aims To:
- Create a state of homeostasis (balance) to assist the major internal organs, cells and systems to work harmoniously and therefore function at their optimum level.
- Encourage the release of endorphin’s (hormones produced by the central nervous system and pituitary gland). These compounds act as a natural pain killer.
- Stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system helping reducing stress and anxiety aiding a deeper and more restorative sleep.
- Assist your body’s very own healing capabilities
- Encourage circulation of blood and lymph fluid helping release toxins and nourish the cells.
- Strengthen the immune system.