Updated Health & Safety Measures
As COVID restrictions have eased in Northern Ireland, I wanted to keep you up to date on my health & safety policy. Masks are now optional for clients; however, I will continue to wear a mask during treatments. Heightened hygiene practices, such as an infection control routine, will remain during each client visit. Hand sanitisers will be available as you enter and leave the premises.
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), to:
- identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus;
- think about who could be at risk;
- decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed, and to
- act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
Before seeing any of my clients, I will be:
- monitoring my own health and deferring treatments if I have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Contacting my clients 24 hours in advance and deferring any treatments if: they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; are clinically extremely vulnerable; anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19; they have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace Service and told to self isolate.
- Asking my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, including washing and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches, and replacing any porous or single-use items, such as towels and couch roll. Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular handwashing/sanitizing.
Adapting or restricting treatments
It may be necessary for the therapist to adapt or restrict certain treatments to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect my clients’ health and safety. I will advise any clients likely to be impacted.
I am happy to be contacted to discuss any aspect of your treatment during this time.